Your Spiritual Awakening and The Forgiveness Problem

by Houston Vetter - DocResults on September 16,

Your Spiritual Awakening and The Forgiveness ProblemYou may not be aware of your spiritual awakening and the forgiveness problem that it presents. Many people are having what can be called spiritual awakenings and many are on the way to having the forgiveness problem. It all depends on how awake you become.

Where your spiritual awareness takes you will determine the type of forgiveness problem you will be dealing with. If your awakening causes you to have a passion to change or protect something such as people, places or things like the environment, poverty,the oppression, inequality, etc. you will have the problem of how to apply forgiveness which will create its own problems.

Because let’s face it is impossible to have resistance, another name for unforgiveness and give forgiveness at the same time. Especially when your awakening has put you in an ‘us vs them’ position.

It depends on what aspect of spiritual awakening you are experiencing as to whether or not there is such a thing as the forgiveness problem for you.

Your Spiritual Awakening and The Forgiveness Problem

If your spiritual awakening still has a separate you and another you will have a forgiveness problem as your awakening has not lead you to two basic awakening understandings.

1. The Mirror Principle

2. Unconditional Love

The Mirror Principle says that EVERYTHING you experience is really happening inside you and everything is a mirror of you to you.

Unconditional Love is what makes up everything. In other words you really are unconditional love, also known as energy.  Unconditional Love has no judgment, no conditions, therefore no resistance to what is.

When you or I understand these spiritual principles to the level of our experience the forgiveness problem is that there is nothing to forgive because we have done one of two things. We have not judged ourselves or anything as separate from ourselves or we have not giving meaning to meaningless events.

As the Meaning Maker in your life you have the ability (maybe not the skill) to make meaning. In other words stuff happens (events) and they have no inherent meaning, they just are. You as the meaning maker ADD meaning to meaningless events.

Besides that, probably the number one reason you will run into the spiritual awakening and forgiveness problem is the misunderstanding that there is a separate you and a separate another. The Advaita and non-duality movements have got it halfway right. All there is, is Oneness or Nothingness and yet where they haven’t made the connection yet that duality IS Oneness also.

The Advaita movement says everything is Oneness and that duality isn’t real. What if we shifted that just a little bit in that duality isn’t real as a separate thing from oneness and yet duality is real as Oneness being duality just as nothing being everything.

I like to use the coin analogy. A coin represents Oneness, the heads and tails of the coin represent duality. There could be not heads or tails without the coin and there could be no coin without the heads and tails. They are simply distinctions of the same thing. One is not better or worse than the other and the experience of them can only be in comparison of each other.

They are descriptions of the exact same thing from a different vantage point. Reminds you of the blind men describing an elephant story doesn’t it.

**************

This is the end of the article. You are welcome to stop reading and leave a comment below or use the social sharing buttons to send this to others. The rest of this page is about how to move from theory and discussion of these concepts to actual practical experience for you.

If you are a spiritual seeker or are having a spiritual awakening or want to awaken to all the different levels of spiritual awareness then I want to invite you to join us the first Saturday, Sunday and Monday of November for the ultimate training experience of your spiritual and non-spiritual life.

Lucid Living™ Seminars is presenting Lucid Living™ Level I & II. Your life will NEVER be the same after this experience. You will have everything you need to make sense of everything and really truly begin to be happy and enjoy life.

Space is very limited so get your place now, as we are holding the workshops in a very special Scalar Wave Chamber that removes 100% of stress from the body and the room has torsion fields installed (zero point energy, i.e the mind of God). So besides the cutting edge technology you will be learning you will be soaking up unconditional love at the very same time.

If you want to make leaps and bounds in your spiritual awakening you want to get in these workshops because there is nothing like these on the planet right now.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Maggie Pimm September 17, 2012 at 4:28 am

I am not sure whether I can follow the first part of the writing, though I believe I experienced something similar lately. However, i understand the example of the coin quite well.

With regards to the course in November, I am afraid cannot attend this time, but please keep me in mind if and when you have another one in the future

Thanks

Houston Vetter - DocResults September 17, 2012 at 7:53 am

Maggie,

Thanks for your thoughts. Often it is truly hard to explain the unexplainable. Especially when there is a revolutionary new understanding of the unexplainable. I appreciate that even thought it may have been difficult to follow that your experience recognized the energetic shifting inside.

It is like trying to explain a brand new understanding using words that barely explained the old understanding.

To Your Best,
Houston

Loren Schwenk September 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Like so much of what you have said over the years, I loved this. You keep finding better metaphors to explain how to make the choice one of what is better, more inclusive, instead of a judgement placing this over that.
You help me stay curious.
Aloha,
Loren

Houston Vetter - DocResults September 17, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Thanks Loren,
That is one of the keys to stay curious.
To Your Best,
Houston

Schelli Whitehouse September 23, 2012 at 9:21 am

I love how you so eloquently connected the dots from ‘awareness’ to ‘forgiveness’ to ‘meaning’ and ‘duality’. I could go on and on about each and all of the individual topics you have woven together – but the thing that helped me the most was your acknowledgement that ‘duality is part of the Oneness’! It’s a concept that I’ve been struggling to articulate with others recently, as so many ‘spiritually aware’ people insist that in order to achieve enlightenment or true Oneness that we must transcend duality. Therefore they place great emphasis on fighting against duality (which of course, we know creates more of what you don’t want).

Perhaps the key to happy enlightenment is in actually embracing the duality of life on planet Earth. I find the less I fight against what I don’t want and focus on what I do want and nurture the positive relationships and experiences that exist now, that I’m not so easily triggered by (my perceived) thoughtless actions of others. It doesn’t mean I’m not taking a stand for change – it just means that I can honor the evolutionary process of others, even if I don’t agree with them, as a means of helping me become crystal clear on what I do want.

The more I experience the Oneness of duality the more I realize that the only person or situation left for me to fully and unconditionally forgive is me.
~Schelli

Houston Vetter - DocResults September 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Schelli,

Well said. As I used to say up until the new understanding of duality being oneness expressing was that I was practicing Oneness in Duality. No need to get away from duality simply respond to it with Oneness. Now I understand it as Oneness so the meanings that I used to give to duality no longer have the same meanings so there is less and less charge or hooks to be unhooked.

That is part (one of 3) of what we are teaching in the new Lucid Living(TM) Workshops that as far as I know, no one else on the planet is teaching and showing people how to have that as their experience.

To Your Best,
Houston
Dr. Vetter

Michaela Rosenberger September 23, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I don’t perceive forgiveness as a “problem.” That implies that there is something that needs to be fixed. Forgiveness is a challenge or opportunity to shift our focus to something more interesting than what we are already focusing on. Awakening and evolution certainly does stir up our inner life. That’s where the opportunity is. Taking small sweet steps allows us to shift with ease, and allow our inner brilliance to shine. Thank you for opening this conversation.

Houston Vetter - DocResults September 23, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Michaela,
Perceiving forgiveness as a challenge or an opportunity is still perceiving ‘forgiveness’ as a something separate from you or a separate you and others. In other words for there to be a forgiveness game one’s spiritual awakening has to either still perceive Oneness separate from duality or being unaware that forgiveness is only a possibility when one is ADDING MEANING to meaningless events.

Playing the forgiveness game is neither good/bad, it simply lets one know there is more seeking still ahead.

To Your Best,